Life, Health, and Prospertiy

Sunday, May 22, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: The Playful and Powerful WARRIOR within YOU, by GJ Reynolds

This is one of those life-changing books that cause you to pause and think, and to realize that no matter where you are in your life, today is a new day and you can start your life anew.  Written from the heart, GJ Reynolds bares his soul to the world, no holds barred.  Wow. That takes the courage of a WARRIOR.

The author told of the lowest point in his life, nearly ten years ago, when he contemplated suicide.  He struggled with events over the next few days that brought him to his knees as he encountered the love and saving grace of God. His deepest secrets had remained hidden to all but the Lord. 

It was interesting (and surprising) to me to read about someone as well educated and successful as the author, to realize that some of his darkest secrets were very similar to many of those of his readers, and certainly some of my own. Reynolds shares his story, along with lessons learned from his mentors over the years, as well as his own action steps to becoming a warrior.

The purpose of his book is to empower his readers to discover and live their goals and dreams, to lead a meaningful life, filled with purpose.  He teaches us to honor ourselves by doing what we know in our soul is best for each of us, that just feels “right”, and causes us to “welcome each day with passion, enthusiasm, and excitement.”

Reynolds’ book generated some restless nights for me, even causing me to awaken and pray, or go to my computer to write as I worked through issues in my own life. It allowed me to focus on what is right for me and to set action goals for both the short term, regaining my health, and the long term, going back to college to finish my doctorate degree. I am excited, and have a new sense of purpose, thanks in great part to GJ Reynolds taking the time and effort to write and share his story, his legacy to his readers. 

The author gives “Warrior Action Steps” and questions at the end of sections that make this book suitable for individual readers or for group sessions.  One of my favorite action steps was learning to stay off someone else’s stage unless invited, and then only to get onstage if you choose to do so.

Thanks, G, for teaching us how to live in the now, to relearn how to play, and to become the warrior that God wants each of his children to become.  I highly recommend this book.

Author Resource:  Diana Shores, MA, EdS., Author, Ghostwriter, Book/Concert Reviewer. 
Contact: dianashores@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment